WHY COFFEE ENEMAS WORK.
Coffee enemas are used for detoxification purposes. The effects of coffee enemas are different than saline enemas. The difference is the caffeine, theophylline and theobromine which combined stimulate the relaxation of the smooth muscles causing dilation of blood vessels and the bile ducts. Coffee in the rectum has a much different effect than coffee taken by mouth. The caffeine is absorbed through the veins of the anus into the hemorrhoidal veins very rapidly which then is transported to the Liver through the portal vein. The enzymes in coffee known as palmitates enable the liver to transform toxins into bile acid. The toxins then are carried through the dilated bile ducts into the gastrointestinal tract. The flooding of the lower bowel simultaneously stimulates peristaltic movement. The colon now releases its contents, which include the bile mixed with the toxins.
Other Interesting Scientific Facts:
- Patients can suspend all pain medications once on coffee enemas according to Dr. Max Gerson.
- Dr. Gerson also states that coffee enemas are not given for constipation or bowel function but for the stimulation of the liver. Paradoxically the coffee enema has a calming effect on the nervous system, unlike the consumption of coffee by mouth.
- In 1981 Dr. Lee Wattenberg and his colleagues were able to show that substances found in coffee -kahweol and cafestol and palmitate - promote the activity of a key enzyme system, glutathione S-transferase, above the norm. This system detoxifies a wide array of electrophiles from the bloodstream and according to Gar Hildenbrand of the Gerson Institute, "must be regarded as an important mechanism for carcinogen detoxification." This enzyme group is responsible for neutralizing free radicals, harmful chemicals now commonly implicated in the initiation of Cancer. In mice for example, these systems are enhanced 600% in the liver and 700% in the bowel when coffee beans are added to the mice's diets.
- Dr Peter Lechner, Austria, has reported that coffee enemas have a definite effect on the colon which can be observed with an endoscope. He stated the existence of a "tissue damage syndrome" when poisons, oxygen deprivation, malnutrition, or physical trauma challenges cells, they loose potassium, take on sodium and chloride, and swell up with excess water. Normal cells have a preference for potassium over sodium but when a cell is damaged it begins to prefer sodium. This craving results in a damaged ability of cells to repair themselves and to utilize energy. Damaged cells produce toxins; around tumors are "wounded" but sill non-malignant tissues swollen with water and salt.
- Gerson believed that cancer could not exist in normal metabolism. He pointed to the fact that scientists often had to damage an animal's thyroid and adrenals just to get a transplanted tumor to take.
- It is the liver and the small intestine which neutralize the most common tissue toxins: polyamines, ammonia, toxic-bond nitrogen, and electrophiles.
- Physiological chemistry and physics has stated "that caffeine enemas cause dilation of bile ducts, which facilitates excretion of toxic cancer breakdown materials by the liver and dialysis of toxic products across the colon wall. In addition, theophylline and theobromine dilate blood vessels and counter inflammation of the gut; the palmitates enhance the enzyme system responsible for the removal of toxic free radicals from the serum; and the fluid of the enema then stimulated the visceral nervous system to promote peristalsis and the transit of diluted toxic bile from the duodenum and out the rectum.
- Since the enema is generally held for 15 minutes, and all the blood in the body passes through the liver in three minutes, these enemas represent a form of dialysis of blood across the gut wall.
SUPPLIES FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION/APPLICATION
- Buy a reusable enema kit from your local pharmacy
- Hydrogen peroxide (3% w/v Hydrogen Peroxide) to clean the reusable insertion device.
- Olive oil or coconut oil for lubrication of the insertion device.
- Reversed osmosis or distilled water preferably from a glass container (should be in plastic only for a minimum amount of time)
- Certified organic coffee beans (not preground)
- French Press Pot: a one litre glass cylinder with a sieve disc connected to a handle to be pressed down after ten minutes alternatively use a stainless steel pot and cook the freshly ground organic coffee for three to five minutes and then cool to body temperature and thoroughly strain.
- Boil two litres (quarts) of water.
- After the water has boiled add three tablespoons of the freshly ground organic coffee.
- Coffee should steep for ten minutes, not boiled.
- Cooling procedure: in a plastic container with flowing cold water place the container with the steeped coffee. Continually stir the coffee with a stainless steel spoon in a counter clockwise motion to the outer cold water flow. This will cool the coffee in about 3 to 5 minutes to body temperature. Finger testing the coffee should feel lukewarm but not hot.
- Strain the coffee grounds from the liquid.
- Pour the well-strained coffee liquid into the enema bag.
- Lubricate the insertion device and the rectum with olive oil or coconut oil. DO NOT USE A PETROLEUM BASED LUBRICANT (such as vaseline).
- Make yourself as comfortable as you can on the bathroom floor. Lie first on your right side.
- Inject and retain the liquid coffee for a minimum of 10 to 30 minutes. If the first attempt fails take a few deep breaths relax and try again.
- Change positions while retaining the coffee. Turn on your back and after a few minutes on your left side. Staying in a horizontal motion increases the distribution of the coffee in the colon and assists with relaxation.
- Lightly massage the abdomen from left upwards and then left to right and from right down in a way that feels comfortable to you.
- During the entire procedure you must stay warm, specifically the feet. If necessary wear socks and have a warm footbath prior to injecting the coffee.
DIET IN CONNECTION WITH COFFEE ENEMAS
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of freshly prepared vegetable juice consisting of 80% organic carrots, 10% red beets, 10% garlic, fresh ginger, apple, cilantro, parsley, cucumbers, romaine lettuce. Make the juice with a Champion Juicer or alternatively buy Breuss Juice. According to Dr. Max Gerson, the Champion Juicer is the only juicer, which maintains the highest enzyme content in the juiceproduced. The centrifugal mechanism in other juicers destroys the natural enzymes in the juices, thereby making the juice non-medicinal.
- Please try to maintain your clean water intake as well, this can be modified while on the juice, however should return to 8 to 10 glasses per day, when not juicing.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE FUTURE
Building yourself an enema board would be a future consideration to assist with the coffee enema process. As I have done this I can give you the dimensions and the supplies that you would need. For now please start with the directions contained in the document as soon as possible.
Back to Article List