ITEMS TO AVOID:
While on your optimum health program items to avoid include the following:
- No coffees, black tea or carbonated drinks.
- No pork or pork products.
- No Farmed Salmon.
- No fried or microwave foods.
- No peanuts or peanut products including peanut oil. Peanuts have allergenic properties to be avoided.
- No sweets of any kind including candy, cake, donuts, etc.
- No white sugar. Replace with non-pasteurized honey, molasses without sulfur and pure maple syrup, stevia.
- No white flour, use whole grain products enriched products.
- No processed oils. Use cold pressed coconut oil for cooking. For raw consumption use flax oil or hemp seed oil, (refer to "The Coconut Oil Miracle" by Bruce Fife, C.N., N.D.)
- No margarine, use butter instead. Butter is natural and margarine is one molecule away from being plastic.
- No dairy products from cows. Replace with goat milk, almond milk, rice milk, and lactic acid foods such as kefir, organic plain yogurt and quark.
- No mint in the form of teas, gum, mints, essential oils or toothpaste. Replace toothpaste with baking soda or medical toothpaste such as "Homeofresh" which contains herbs (silica, glycerine etc) that work in synergy with your program. Toothpaste usually contains monofluorophosphate. Please note the only beneficial fluoride for the body is Calcium Fluoride.
- No leftovers. Eat freshly prepared foods only.
- No iceberg lettuce as it contains no nutrients and takes more energy to digest than what you ingest.
- No cold drinks, especially not with ice or directly from the refrigerator. The body has to heat before can be absorbed by the cells.
- DRINK ONLY CLEAN WATER. This means Reversed Osmosis Water, Distilled water (specifically for detoxification protocol) or Filtered Water. For filtered water make sure that the filter is changed at least once a month, more often if more than one person is consuming. There are many diverging opinions as to the types of water to be used I use Dr. John Christopher, School of Natural Healing as my reference.
- Upon rising one tall glass of clean warm water (warmed at least to body temperature)
- Green tea or herbal and caffeine free teas are permissible, however, should be in addition to the water.
- Organic apple cider vinegar and non-pasteurized honey in a glass of warm water assists with balancing the digestive enzymes and stomach acid. It can also be used to initiate weight loss. Can be taken either 15 minutes before a meal or one hour after a meal, also use in any acute case of heartburn.
- Biotta Breus Vegetable Juice is a wonderful blood cleanser and triggers the peristaltic movement of the large intestine. Take during the day on an empty stomach and last thing before bed as it improves regularity and overall detoxifies and revitalizes the body. (available at your local Community Natural Food Store)
- Drink at least 8 to 10 large glasses of water per day.
Are you Getting Enough Water Every Day? Taken from the message boards at ivillage.com. *Note, although these statistics are for the American population, I think it transcends to many countries/cultures. We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
FOOD PREPARATION SUGGESTIONS:
- All vegetables and fruits that are not pealed should be washed with either a vegetable soap or in a slight solution of Borax and water (Mule20Team Borax is available in most supermarkets in the detergent section). An alternative would be to wash vegetables with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Use approximately one tablespoon of your preferred choice to a gallon or 4 liters of lukewarm water. This is a necessary step to wash off all airborne pollutants and any sprays that may have been used. These sprays usually contain a wax or oil based material that is not washed off with ordinary tap water. Be sure to rinse after you have washed in this solution.
SUGGESTIONS FOR BREAKFAST:
- KASHI, a non-processed mixture of whole grains, available in most supermarkets and at Community Natural Foods.
- Quinoa, a whole grain from South America, contains many nutrients, must be washed before cooking. You can add the following for taste just before consumption: Nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, maple syrup, stirred raw egg, raisins, nuts and seeds to your liking.
- Breakfast drink which should contain the following ingredients (contents of this mixture need to be individualized according to taste of the individual):
- approximately 4 oz of goat milk and 4 oz of rice milk which should be brought to body temperature by adding boiling water,
- two pouches of HMS90™ or Immunocal™,
- One teaspoon of Pyhtogreens,
- One teaspoon of Liquid Multi-Mineral and Vitamins,
- One tablespoon of Lecithin,
- One tablespoon of Bee Pollen,
- Two tablespoons of a homemade mixture of equal amounts of the following; rice bran, wheat germ, oat bran, wheat bran, nutritional yeast and Brewer's yeast.
SUGGESTIONS FOR LUNCH:
- Salad made with Romaine Lettuce to which you can add any or all of the following: Hard boiled eggs, Home cooked wild salmon, Organic chicken, Seeds and Nuts (not peanuts), Raisins and all kinds of salad veggies.
- Dressing for salad: use Essential Fatty Acids such as; Flax oil, Hemp oil, Organic Apple Cider, Natural Salt (preferably Celtic Salt) or Miso, Cayenne Pepper, Freshly pressed garlic, Raw Ginger, Red onions finely chopped, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Sage, Fresh Basil, Fresh Aloe Vera, Fresh Anise, Organic Plain Yogurt.
SUGGESTIONS FOR EVENING MEAL:
- Whole grain brown rice
- Steamed wild salmon, organic chicken, organic ostrich meat, organic lean beef or buffalo or elk in small portions. (not necessary to have more than 3 - 4 ounces per meal) For the vegetarian this would be adapted to some form of legume or tofu, etc.
- Variety of steamed fresh vegetables in season. Everyone should try to incorporate every colour of vegetable in their diet. Beets should be eaten regularly as this will support the liver, the blood and the elimination systems while you are on your program for health.
SUGGESTIONS FOR DAILY INTAKE OF VITAMINS, MINERALS ETC.:
- Chlorella, start with 5 per meal (3 times a day) increasing to 10 per meal (3 times a day) within two weeks.
- Essential Fatty Acids should be varied on a daily basis. Choices include the following:
- 3 to 4 capsules per day of Wild Cold Water Salmon Oil
- 3 to 4 capsules per day Cod Liver Oil,
- Essential Fatty Acids Specific phamaceutical grades are: Berry EFA Plus which contains highly concentrated fruit juices that provide a high level of anti-oxidants with a very pleasant taste, Super EFA Liquid with plant sterols specifically for high cholesterol conditions and Super DHA Liquid which is specifically formulated for cerebral circulation (stroke) and central nervous dysfunction.
- Flax oil or Hemp oil take with lunch or evening meal, add Lecithin granules to assist in assimilation and avoid aftertaste and burping of the oil.
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Bernard Jensen's Alfalfa Tablets, for trace minerals, chlorophyll and fibre. Five tablets to be taken with Lunch and Evening Meal.
- Cayenne Pepper: Is an excellent herb to add to your diet either by capsule of by adding to your foods. Cayenne is the best herb to regulate blood circulation. It heals stomach ulcers and prevents heart attacks. Also acts as food for the heart and is a catalyst for other herbs and foods to be distributed to where they will do the most good for the individual.
- Garlic: Is an excellent addition to the diet to assist with cleansing the blood and intestinal tract. Garlic can be used both in nutrition and in healing says Dr. John Christopher. It is especially useful in respiratory tract infections.
Back to Article List