WHAT ARE PARASITES?
Parasite: Root in Latin parasitus, root in Greek parsitos.
Parasites are organisms that extract their food, nutrition and shelter by living in or on another organism, causing damage and distraction to the host. More than 100 different types of parasites are known to use humans as their hosts. There are many species of parasites that show no socioeconomic boundaries and may be found in all climates and not only in third world countries.
There are five groups of parasites known today, these include the following:
- Single Cell parasites - protozoa infections
"Parasites are a major cause of infections and other illnesses" according to Dr. Theodore Nash of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland USA. The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia estimates that Giardia affects approximately 100,000 to 1,000,000 people in the USA every year.
Where do parasites come from?
They are omnipresent on this globe. That means that they are present everywhere on planet earth. They are part of nature's recycling system and exist in open waters, mountain streams and lakes, in soil of every kind, in uncooked meat including fish, and are even airborne. They are scavengers and opportunists that are ingenious in the art of surviving.
The most common water born parasites in North America today, Giardia and Cryptosporidium are not killed through chlorinating.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF PARASITIC INFECTION IN HUMANS?
The uninvited guests eat from our plate and steal the best nutrition for themselves. In addition they release their highly toxic excretions into our body and create verminious intoxication, very serious and difficult to diagnose.
Worms cause physical trauma to the body by perforation of the intestinal walls, the blood vessels, the lung, the liver, the heart, and the brain. The bowel contents or chyme leaks through the damaged intestinal wall into the lymph system and causes allergies as a first reaction. Worms can make "Swiss cheese" out of one's organs. They also can lump together into a ball and manifest serious systemic blockage.
|Possible symptoms of a parasitic infection could include the following:
- Loss of Weight
- Skin Irritation or ulcers (round worms)
- Joint and muscle pain
- Global inflammation
- Eye - vision problems
Parasites can be present in any diseased state. They are always present in a person with cancer or a chronic degenerative disease.
WHO IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO PARASITIC INFECTIONS?
People with a weak, inactive or challenged immune system.
WHAT ARE THE INFLUENCES THAT WEAKEN AND UNDERMINE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM?
- A weak constitution,
- A sedate lifestyle,
- A lack of knowledge or initiative that incurs nutritional neglect such as use of microwave oven which devitalizes food, (see the movie "Supersize Me")
- A shock and/or trauma,
- A high level of chronic stress, which is the absence of being able to oscillate between joy and sadness as an example.
- An exposure to a toxic environment whether physical or emotional,
- A chronic sleep problem - sleep deprivation (insomnia),
- A workaholic or overworked person,
- A substance abuse,
- An addiction of any kind,
- A neglected dental hygiene problem,
- A heavy metal toxicity such as lead, mercury, etc.
- A use of over the counter cosmetics. The Government does not regulate cosmetics. Cosmetics contain high levels of toxins absorbed through the skin and affect foremost the liver, kidney and lymph. In women this is primarily the breast.
- An overuse of antibiotics,
- A long-term drug prescription protocol,
- A spastic and/or congested liver, gall bladder, kidney, colon, and lungs.
All of the above contribute individually and cumulatively to weaken and undermine the immune system by eroding the life vitality of the individual, thereby opening the door and putting out the welcome mat for parasites.
HOW CAN PARASITE INFECTIONS BE PREVENTED?
- Wash your hands immediately upon returning home from shopping or other events. Wash hands before eating as well. Always use soap, a nailbrush, and warm water when washing hands. Wash hands after specific events like, after using the bathroom, changing diapers, or contact with a pet. Train your children to do the same.
- Breast-feed your baby for as long as possible. Human breast milk has antibodies that guard against protozoa, amoebas, and Giardia.
- Drink only filtered clean water. Change the water filter according to the manufacturer recommendations or adapt to your specific local requirements. Frequent filter changes are definitely required in highly industrialized areas and highly populated areas.
- If you are a woman, wipe from front to back after urination.
- Practice safe sex regardless of sexual preferences. The prostrate is a preferred place for parasites to reside.
- Before pregnancy be sure to be screened for Toxoplasmosis. Avoid cats during pregnancy. Cats are common carriers of Toxoplasmosis. Toxoplasmosis causes damage to the fetus and possible spontaneous miscarriage.
- Removal of raccoons from children's playgrounds. Raccoons carry a parasite that causes irreversible physical damage to a child's brain. This particular parasite produces flu like symptoms at onset with high fever and is very difficult to diagnose. If this parasitic infection is unrecognized and untreated death is the end result.
- Avoid raw meat such as tartar, raw fish as in sushi or un-refrigerated food leftovers, especially after a course of antibiotics, radiation, chemotherapy, shock, trauma or a serious illness. One's own best defense against these conditions is the friendly micro-flora commonly known as acidophilus bifidus which is wiped out and non-existent in each of the above leaving one totally vulnerable to the invasion of parasites.
- Treat your raw fruit, vegetables and meats to a solution of one teaspoon of 35% hydrogen peroxide to four litres of warm water. Ordinary white vinegar also removes parasites, bacteria, fungus, pesticides and herbicides from your raw food material. It is important to note that even organically grown fruits and vegetables are exposed to air and water born parasites and toxins.
- Clean the cutting board and all utensils and dishes that come in contact with raw meat in mild bleach solutions and rinse with hot water.
- Before travelling to another country contact a qualified health care professional and request anti parasitic substances as a preventative measure.
A STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM IS ALWAYS YOUR BEST DEFENSE
Following are some suggestions to keep your immune system strong:
- Liver, gallbladder, colon cleanse spring and fall. (refer to the article "Do you know your liver" and "Liver/Gallbladder Protocol")
- Constant detoxification and drainage protocols pertaining to the digestive, urinary, respiratory, cardiovascular, and central nervous system need to be in place.(refer to the article on "Drainage")
- Incorporate a variety of foods into your diet while avoiding sweets and continuous use of same foods. (see article on "Items to Avoid and Suggestions")
- Physical activity such as brisk walking in fresh air, Nordic Sauna, or bicycle riding needs to be adopted on a regular basis in order to keep the blood moving. Raising your heartbeat to at least 120 beats per minute for a five to ten minute period (provided that your Doctor does not object) is optimal and will keep the blood circulating. (refer to articles: "A Brand New Day" and "Skin Brushing")
- Seeking and creating joy for oneself and others is important to keep a strong immune system. Find something that you are passionate about and incorporate that passion into your life with such things as music, art, cooking, dancing, or volunteering, etc., etc.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Avoid the temptation of gossip and idle chatter. Positive reinforcement is a winning combination for everyone on the planet. See www.InnerBalancing.com and www.wisdomways.net for tools in this arena.
- An attitude of gratitude is immensely beneficial for everyone and can not be stressed enough. Gratitude keeps resentment and other negative emotions in check. Practice, practice and more practice are necessary.
- Antioxidants are of major importance, they include: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Co-Enzyme Q10, Selenium, Beta-Carotene, Lipoic Acid. The master antioxidant is glutathione, which is only produced inside the cell by the body. (See article "Glutathione, Essential Health Aid")
ANTIPARISITIC FOODS AND HERBS SUGGESTIONS
Below a few suggestions that are easily attained:
Naturally fermented Sauerkraut
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Cranberry Juice (not cocktail)
Oil of Oregano
Probiotics always need to be included in any treatment that follows a parasite infection, chemotherapy, antibiotics, radiation or shock and trauma. It is of the utmost importance to use the human strains of micro-flora as formulated in HMF Replete by Genstra. This product NEEDS TO BE TAKEN WITH FOOD AND consists of the following ingredients:
- 75 billions CFU* - L. Acidophilus (two stains)
- 12.5 billion CFU* - Bifidobacterium bifidum
- 12.5 billion CFU* - bifidobacterium lactis
- 30 billion CFU* - L salivarius
- 10 g - Fructo-oligosaccharides
- May contain up to 170 billion CFU's
To sponge up the dead parasites, other morbid matter and released toxicity add the following items to your diet:
|First and foremost drink a minimum of two litres of reversed osmosis water, however, not with food.
Red Beets cooked or raw
Ground Flax Seed
Brown Rice Bran
Full spectrum digestive enzymes containing Protease, Amylase, Lipase, Bataine Hydrochoride and Glutamic Acid
Remember that parasites are opportunists. They can not invade a healthy body, as the environment is not supportive to their survival.
The most effective and life promoting forces are: balance in everything, love, joy, candlelight, red wine, warm feet and a good laugh every day. There is no such thing as an addiction to happiness.
P.S. Juergen Maimann, Certified Clinical Iridologist, carries the glutathione precursor, HMS 90™, and the newest anti-aging edition, Immunocal Platinum™, as well as the probiotics as human strain, HMF Replete in specific formulations for all ages and requirements. He also carries all the other substances for drainage, parasite elimination and gallstone removal.
Back to Article List